President of Chicalo Burridge Land Surveying and Geomatics Ltd.
Mr. Burridge purchased the assets of Chicalo Young Land Surveying Ltd. in the spring of 2001 incorporating this firm with his existing Land Surveying and Surveying Engineering business. Chicalo Young was established in 1964, all files have been retained from the former firm. Colin began his surveying career in the Alberta oilfields in 1978, he worked as a survey engineer in open pit mining and as a project land surveyor for various firms throughout B.C. and overseas prior to establishing his own business in Courtenay in 1993.
- Graduated with a 5 year Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Surveying) from the University of New Brunswick in 1987, area of specialization, Engineering & Mining Deformation surveys.
- Continuing professional development through seminars and courses, primarily GPS, GIS and land surveying topics.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC, membership no. 17,26 Received license in 1990.
- Member in Good Standing with the Association of B.C. Land Surveyors Commission no. 724, received in 1992
- Member and valid License to Practice with the Association of Canada Lands Surveyors Commission no. 1,584, received in 1996
- Member Canadian Institute of Geomatics since 1990
- Registered and certified as a SAFE company with BC Forest Safety Council
- Chicalo Burridge Land Surveying and Geomatics Ltd. president, (2001 -Present)
- (1993 – 2001) Colin Burridge, Survey Engineer/Land Surveyor, Owner, Courtenay, BC
- 1989 – 1993 Land Surveyor In Training, Project Land Surveyor, Survey Engineer Working for the following firms:
Peter Mason, B.C.L.S., Coquitlam, B.C.
Rod Power & Associates, Vernon, B.C.
Roland Bodden & Associates, Georgetown,
Grand Cayman Island
Bert Hol & Associates, Surrey, B.C.
McElhanney Associates, Courtenay, B.C.
- 1987 – 1989 Survey Engineer (E.I.T) Quintette Coal Mine, Tumbler Ridge, B.C. Working within the Geotechnical Engineering dept., responsible for design and maintenance of a deformation monitoring system for the open pit mine.