Chicalo Burridge offers professional services throughout Vancouver Island and mainland British Columbia. The bulk of our services are performed in the Campbell River area, Comox Valley, Sayward, Quadra and Cortes Islands. Areas of expertise and some of our related projects include:
– Completed hydrographic and site surveys for Small Craft Harbours Branch (DFO) at 12 harbour facilities on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
– Completed hydrographic and site surveys for Public Works Canada & Transport Canada at 3 harbour facilities on Vancouver Island.
– Various small scale projects for the private sector to assist in marina and dock design.
Canada Lands Surveys
– Residential Subdivision at Tork IR 7, Cortes Island.
– Right of Way & Subdivision Sliammon IR 1, Powell River.
– Residential Subdivision at Homalco IR 9, Campbell River.
– Land survey for utility right of way, proposed dock facility, Tork IR 7, Cortes Island, for Cortes UMA Engineering.
– Accretion survey at Open Bay IR 8, Quadra Island for Geomatics Canada.
– Commercial subdivision at Quinsam I.R. 12, Cape Mudge Band, Quinsam Cossing, Campbell River.
– Residential 90 lot subdivision at Cape Mudge, I.R. 10, Cape Mudge Band, Quadra Island.
British Columbia Land Surveys
– Land surveys for right of ways, easements, strata’s, leases, subdivisions, covenants, boundary re-surveys, road dedications, park boundary definition, accretion and natural boundary adjustments, Crown Land, Agricultural Land Reserve applications.
– Park Boundaries for TimberWest Forest Ltd. This project has involved over 25 kilometres of Strathcona Park boundary legally demarcated to date in the vicinity of Comox Glacier and Buttle Lake, establishment of GPS control. Remote mountainous terrain, helicopter access.
– Park Boundaries for B.C. Ministry of Environment in the vicinity of Mt. Flannigan, Tlools Creek. Boundaries determined by height of land. Remote mountainous terrain, helicopter access.
– Small Inlet Marine Park Boundaries, Quadra Island for B.C. Ministry of Environment. Remote boat access site.
– Subdivision of 38 lease lots at Campbell River Regional Airport for the City of Campbell River.
– Inland Island Highway, Vancouver Island over 80 Legal Survey Plans completed for new highway road dedication in Comox Valley Area.
– Highway 10, Surrey 120th to 176th Street This project involved preparing over 100 Legal Survey Plans involving highway road dedication and re-alignment of the Southern B.C. Railway, with UMA Engineering.
– 34 lot Bare Land Strata, Eagles Cove, remote, water access only site.
– 16 lot rural subdivision for TimberWest, York Road, Campbell River.
– 17 lot rural subdivision for TimberWest, Forbidden Plateau, Comox Valley.
– Mufford/64th Ave. at Highway 10, Langley, BC. Control and property acquisition surveys for new highway alignment through 24 properties, Urban Systems, B.C. Ministry of Transportation.
Mapping Control Projects
– Extension of City of Campbell River Integrated Survey Area, establish 7 geodetic control monuments, dual frequency GPS baselines, 2nd order differential levels.
– Highway 99 bridge approach re- alignments, with CH2MHILL, Mason Surveys. Established GPS project control, MoT brass monuments at five bridge sites between Lillooet and Pemberton. Dual frequency GPS baselines, 2nd order differential levels.
– East & West Bypass Roads, Fort St. John, with Urban Systems, Mason Surveys. Established GPS project control, MoT brass monuments along 7 kilometers of highway corridor, dual frequency GPS baselines, 2nd order differential levels Performed ties to cadastral framework and produced cadastral composite plan along proposed highway route.
-Re-Alignment, widening of Trans Canada Highway, Clan William, Revelstoke, Golden, B.C. with Associated Engineering. Research titles, crown land tenures, historic titles, prepare cadastral composite plans for property acquisitions.
-Gateway Program Port Mann/Highway 1 with H5M. Research titles, obtain legal plans and records, field survey to confirm legal boundaries and encroachments into highway right-of-ways, confirm validity of City of Burnaby digital cadastral mapping.
-Establish aerial photography control points for orthophoto mapping projects at Cape Mudge IR 10, Quadra Island and Quinsam IR 12, Campbell River.
Engineering, Topographic Surveys
– Sea to Sky Highway in association with Mason Surveys. Establish control, detail, and topography for 24km along Hwy 99 from Cheakamus Canyon to Function Junction.
– Topographic and lay out surveys for addition to Campbell River Airport for Acres International.
– Topographic and lay out surveys for 50 lot subdivision at Salmon Beach, Barclay Sound. Compute terrain models, sections and volumes.
– Topographic and lay out surveys for NAVCANADA control tower at Campbell River Regional Airport.
– Topographic survey for 18 hole golf course (Quadra Links) on Quadra Island. Compute terrain model, drainage plan.
– Topographic survey for design of addition to Port Hardy Hospital, for VIHA, Bernard Perreten Architect.
– Topographic, hydrographic surveys & GPS control for tidal generating project at Canoe Pass, Quadra Island, compute terrain model.
– Campbell River Airport Runway extension with EBA Engineering.
– Topograhic and legal survey for communications tower site, Downey Hills, Port Hardy with Morrison Hershfield.